Price on application
VENICE is equipped with a 36 x 24-mm full-frame image sensor designed specifically for high end cinematography, and can capture images up to a maximum resolution of 6048 x 4032. By switching imager modes, VENICE can natively support Super35 24.3 x 18.0 mm, 4096 x 3024 resolution (equivalent to 4-perforation motion picture film) and Super35 24.3 x 12.8 mm, 4096 x 2160 resolution (equivalent to 3-perforation motion picture film).
Providing a flexible design configuration within a single camera body, the Sony VENICE 6K Digital Motion Picture Camera is meant to provide you with just the amount of camera you need, so you don’t have to invest in more than necessary. It features a full-frame CMOS sensor with 15+ stops of dynamic range, but in its basic configuration it windows the sensor to shoot Super 35. The camera comes with a removable PL Mount that supports the Cooke /i Technology lens metadata protocols, allowing you to work with cinema-style glass ranging from vintage to modern. As is, the camera supports DCI and UHD 4K capture, while planned and scheduled firmware updates will enable anamorphic, full-frame, and select frame rates from 1 to 60 fps.
- Image Sensor Size: 36.2 x 24.1 mm (Full-Frame)
- Sensor Type: CMOS
- Sensor Resolution: Actual: 6042 x 4032 (24.7 MP) Effective: 24.4 MP
- ISO 500 (Native) 2500 (Native)
- Lens Mount: Sony E-Mount
- Lens Communication: Yes, Cooke /i
- Built-In ND Filter: Mechanical Filter Wheel with Clear, 1 Stop (1/2), 2 Stop (1/4), 3 Stop (1/8), 4 Stop (1/16), 5 Stop (1/32), 6 Stop (1/64), 7 Stop (1/128), 8 Stop (1/256) ND Filters
- Recording Media: 2 x SxS Card Slots 1 x SD (Unspecified Type) Card Slot
- Accessory Mount: 10 x 3/8″-16 Female 8 x 1/4″-20 Female
- Dimensions: 6.77 x 6.26 x 5.24″ / 17.2 x 15.9 x 13.31 cm
- Weight: 8.6 lb / 3.9 kg